Summer Program Schedule
Chapter Programs at Golf Courses
First Tee uses golf to teach youth life lessons and leadership skills. Sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages 5 to 18 regardless of background or previous experience. Teaming up with experts in positive youth development, First Tee helps youth become good golfers and even better people.
A Youth Program Unlike Any Other
First Tee emphasizes Nine Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Through golf and our core values, your kids and teens will learn life skills like:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
From age 7 through 18, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of First Tee is completing Ace. First Tee – Northeast Wisconsin does offer some limited programming for kids age 5-6 as well.
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (recommended minimum age 13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
Ask us about scholarships for financial need.
How Does my child certify through the levels?
Participants advance through the different Life Skill levels through a certification process with a few general requirements:
- core lesson exposure
- life skills
- golf skills application
- life skills knowledge
- golf knowledge
- completion of yardage book
Each participant seeking to move to a higher level will demonstrate their understanding of the core golf and life skills. They will show their ability to apply the lessons learned both on and off the golf course.
The Power of Relationships
“I consider my coaches at First Tee to be some of the most important mentors I had growing up.” –alumnus
First Tee coaches are trained to create positive relationships that inspire youth to discover their individual potential. Our programs help young people build confidence, develop respect and appreciate the value of giving back to our community all while learning the lifelong sport of golf.